Step 4: Interface the Subcontract
Follow the steps below to interface a subcontract with the accounting modules. This is the last step in the subcontract buyout process and is used to send the subcontract information over to the accounting modules so that transactions can be posted against it.
This process only covers completing the required fields and basic setup. When going through these steps, you can move the cursor into any field on the form and press F1 to open field level help and get more detailed information about that field.
- Once you've received a signed subcontract and had it approved, open the PM Subcontracts form and check the Approved box on the Info tab.
- Open the Non-Interfaced tab and make sure the Send box is checked for each subcontract items that should be interfaced.
- Verify the information on the subcontract items is correct. Once you interface the information, you will not be able to edit it in the PM module.
- Open the PM Interface form and enter the project number into the Project field.
- Make sure that the next to the subcontract is checked.
- Enter the month the subcontract should be posted to the accounting modules in the Month field.
- Click the Validate button.
- Review and print the audit reports if needed, making sure the correct subcontract items are being interfaced. If information is incorrect, you can still open the PM Subcontracts form and make changes to the data since it hasn't been interfaced yet.
- Click the Interfacebutton to send the subcontract to accounting. A message box will appear if the process was completed.
- Click the Close button to close the form.
- The subcontract has now been interfaced and sent over to accounting. You can view the interfaced subcontract by opening the PM Subcontracts form and verifying that the subcontract items have moved from the Non-Interfaced to the Interfaced tab. You can also open the Info tab and make sure that the SL Status has changed from Pending to Open.