Set up a T&M Agreement Service
You can set up "time and material" (T&M) services for agreements that use a rate template to determine billing amounts for agreement work orders.
- From the main menu, select Service Management > Programs > SM Agreements.
- In the Agreement field, enter the agreement for which you are defining services.
- Click the Work Schedule tab and double-click in the grid to open SM Service.
- In the Service Seq field, enter N, New, or +; the system will automatically assign the next available service sequential number.
- In the Description field, enter a description of the service.
- In the Service Site field, enter the service site to which this service applies or press F4 to select from a list of valid service sites for the specified customer.
- In the
field, enter the technician for this agreement service. If the
technician is Active in SM Technicians and PR Employees, the system will
automatically create a single trip on work orders generated from this agreement
service, with this technician designated.
If you leave this field blank, the system will not automatically create trips for work orders generated from this agreement service, and will assign the primary technician designated for the service site as the Lead Tech on work orders.
- In the Call Type field, enter the call type for the service or press F4 to select from a list of valid call types.
- In the Service Center field, enter the service center that will perform this service if different than the service center defined for the service site (in SM Service Sites) or customer (in SM Customers).
- If you entered a service center in the Service Center field, use the Division field to enter the division that applies to the service or press F4 to select from a list of valid divisions for the service center.
Leave blank if not applicable.
- From the Tax Source drop-down, select C-Service Center or S-Service Site to indicate where to default the tax code from for work completed lines entered on a work order for this service.
- From the Pricing drop-down, select T-Time of Service.
- Select the Rate Template radio button to the right of the Pricing drop-down.
- In the Price field, enter the price for the service.
- In the Rate Template field, enter the rate template to use for the agreement service (required).
- Select the Separate Work Order check box to always generate a separate work order for this agreement service.
Leave the Separate Work Order check box unselected to combine this agreement service on a single work order with other services when applicable. See the F1 help for more information.
- Select the Auto Schedule Trips
check box to have a service automatically scheduled on the Dispatch Board.Note: Auto-scheduled trips will default to the date and technician specified on the SM Service form.
- Save the record.