Set up Included in Agreement Services
You will use the Included in Agreement pricing method for services that will be covered by the agreement price. These services do not require separate pricing or billing.
To set up Included in Agreement services:
- Open the SM Agreements form.
- In the Agreement field, enter the agreement for which you are defining services.
- Click the Work Schedule tab and double-click in the grid to open SM Service.
- In the Service Seq field, enter N, New, or +; the system will automatically assign the next available service sequential number.
- In the Description field, enter a description of the service.
- In the Service Site field, enter the service site to which this service applies or press F4 to select from a list of valid service sites for the specified customer.
- In the Assigned Tech field, enter the technician for this agreement service. If the technician is Active in SM Technicians and PR Employees, the system will automatically create a single trip on work orders generated from this agreement service, with this technician designated.
If you leave this field blank, the system will not automatically create trips for work orders generated from this agreement service, and will assign the primary technician designated for the service site as the Lead Tech on work orders.
- In the Call Type field, enter the call type for the service or press F4 to select from a list of valid call types.
- In the Service Center field, enter the service center that will perform this service if different than the service center defined for the service site (in SM Service Sites) or customer (in SM Customers).
- If you entered a service center in the Service Center field, use the Division field to enter the division that applies to the service or press F4 to select from a list of valid divisions for the service center.
Leave blank if not applicable.
- From the Tax Source drop-down, select C-Service Center or S-Service Site to indicate where to default the tax code from for work completed lines entered on a work order for this service.
- From the Pricing drop-down, select I-Included in Agreement.
- Select the Separate Work Order check box to always generate a separate work order for this agreement service.
Leave the Separate Work Order check box unselected to combine this agreement service on a single work order with other services when applicable. See the F1 help for more information.
- Save the record.
Once you have completed setting up the agreement service, you can set up summarized cost estimates, work schedules, required tasks and resources, and billing schedules (billed separately services only). If you are deferring revenue, you can also set up amortization schedules (billed separately services only). Click on the links below for more information.