Set Up an Agreement in SM Customers
You will typically use SM Agreements to set up agreements, since it allows you to set up an agreement in its entirety (services, billing schedules, etc.), as well as activate it.
However, you can use the Agreements tab in SM Customers to get an agreement into the system quickly, and then use SM Agreements to enter the remaining information as time allows.
To quick-add an agreement in SM Customers:
- Open SM Customers.
- In the Customer field, enter the customer or press F4 to select from a list of valid customers.
- Click on the Agreements tab.
- In the Agreement field, enter N, New, or + to have the system auto-assign an agreement number or enter the agreement number manually. The system automatically assigns the Version number, which cannot be changed.
- In the Agreement Type field, enter the agreement type or press F4 to select from a list of valid agreement types.
- In the Description field, enter a description of the agreement.
- Optionally, in the Customer PO field, enter the customer's PO number to default work orders generated for this agreement.
- In the Effective Date field, enter the date this agreement became or will become effective.
- In the Expiration Date field, enter the date this agreement expires.
- If the Agreement Type you specified in Step 5 is flagged for auto-renewal (in SM Agreement Types), enter the date through which to renew the agreement in the Renew Through field. Date must be greater than the expiration date specified for the agreement.
Leave this field blank if you will not be renewing the agreement.
- In the Rate Template field, enter the rate template to use for (add-on) work performed on a work order that is not covered by the agreement price.
- In the Agreement Price field, enter the agreement amount. This amount represents the total charge to the customer (for all services listed on the work schedule) for the life of the agreement.
- From the Revenue Recognition drop-down, select B-As Billed to recognize agreement revenue as it is billed or S-Amortize to amortize revenue recognition for an agreement. For more information about amortizing revenue, see Setting up an Agreement Amortization Schedule.
- If applicable, in the Alternate Agreement field, enter the alternate agreement identification number used by the customer to track this agreement.
- In the Invoice Format field, enter the custom report to use for printing agreement billing invoices for this customer.
Leave blank to use the Def. Agreement Inv. Report specified in SM Company Parameters.
- If you entered a Renew Through date (in Step 10), enter the renewal markup percent in the Renewal Markup field.
- Save the record.
To complete entry of the agreement (i.e. set up services, budgets, billing and amortization schedules, and labor allocations), double-click in the grid to access SM Agreements.