Set up Labor Allocations
You will use the SM Agreement Labor Allocation form (accessed by clicking the Labor Allocation button in SM Agreements) to set up labor allocations for service agreements.
Labor allocations are defined by call type and craft/class for each applicable month in a calendar year. If your agreement term spans multiple years, you can enter labor hours for each applicable month in each year of the agreement term.
You can set up labor allocations regardless of whether you defined a budget for the agreement. As you enter labor hours, the system calculates the allocated dollars (cost rate x hours) and updates the Remaining budget dollars (shown in the Budget Labor Summary above the grid). If an agreement budget exists, the Remaining dollars are calculated as the Budget Total minus the Allocated dollars. If an agreement budget does not exist, the system sets the Remaining dollars equal to the Allocated dollars and displays it as a negative amount.
Follow these steps to set up labor allocations using the SM Agreement Labor Allocation form.
- In the Labor / Burden Allocation drop-down, select the year for which set up labor allocations.Note: The years available for selection depend on the term of the agreement. For example, if the agreement term is 10/1/14 – 09/30/16, the drop-down options will be 2014, 2015, and 2016.
- In the Call Type field, enter the call type for the labor allocation or press F4 to select from a list of valid call types.
- In the PRCo field, enter the Payroll company that applies to this labor allocation or accept the default.
- In the Craft field, enter the craft to which the labor allocation applies or press F4 to select from a list of valid crafts.
- In the Class field, enter the class to which the labor allocation applies or press F4 to select from a list of valid classes for the specified craft.
Leave this field blank if the labor allocation does not apply to a specific craft class.
- In each of the applicable month fields (Jan - Dec), enter the total labor hours to allocate for the specified year.Note: The system enables only those months that are applicable to the agreement term. For additional information, see the F1 help.
- Save the record.
- Repeat Steps 2-7 to enter additional labor allocations for the selected year.
- Repeat Steps 1-8 to enter labor allocations for other years in the agreement term.