Set up Maintenance Tasks for Serviceable Item Classes
You will use the SM Class Maintenance form to set up maintenance tasks for serviceable item (equipment) classes.
Once you set up maintenance tasks here, you can select them when setting up agreements (in SM Agreements) to have the system automatically create services for the agreement.
You can set up maintenance tasks in the Maintenance tab of the SM Serviceable Item Class form or directly in the SM Class Maintenance form (accessed by double-clicking in the Maintenance grid of SM Serviceable Item Class).
To set up maintenance tasks:
- Open the SM Serviceable Item Class form.
- In the Class field, enter the serviceable item class for which to set up maintenance tasks. Press F4 to select from a list of valid serviceable item classes.
- Click the Maintenance tab.
- In the Maintenance field, enter a maintenance task for the serviceable item class.
- In the Description field, enter a description of the maintenance task.
- In the Type field, enter classification type to which this maintenance task applies or press F4 to select from a list of valid types for the selected class.
Leave the Type field blank if the maintenance task is not specific to a classification type (i.e. applies to all equipment of the selected class).
- In the Frequency field, enter the frequency at which this task should be performed or press F4 to select from a list of valid frequencies.
- In the Average Man Hours field, enter the average man hours for this serviceable item class/type maintenance task.
- Save the record.
- Repeat Steps 4-8 to set up additional maintenance tasks for the serviceable item class.