Terminate an Agreement
You can manually terminate an agreement any time prior to the agreement's expiration date using the SM Agreement Termination form.
You will generally terminate an agreement that is no longer valid and will not be amended or renewed.
When you select to terminate an agreement, the system runs a series of checks to determine if there are any outstanding quotes, pending invoices, open work orders, or new work orders. If any of these items exist, they are listed in the Notifications area of SM Agreement Termination, along with the number of items that exist. You can still terminate the agreement, but additional fields may display that you will need to consider prior to completing the termination.
To terminate an agreement:
- Open SM Agreements.
- In the Agreement field, enter the agreement to terminate or press F4 to select from a list of agreements.
- Click the Terminate button (bottom of form). The SM Agreement Termination form displays.
- In the Termination Date field, enter the date to terminate the agreement. Date must fall on or after the Effective Date and prior to the Expiration Date.
- If the agreement has pending invoices and you wish to process them first, click Cancel to exit the form.
If you wish to process the invoices after terminating the agreement, proceed to the next step.
- If the agreement has outstanding quotes and you want to continue with termination, select the Cancel Quotes check box.
If you do not want to continue with the termination, leave the Cancel Quote check box unselected. The Terminate button is disabled, allowing you Cancel the termination and safely exit the form.
- If the agreement has new work orders and you want to delete them, select the Delete new work orders check box.
If you want the new work orders left intact, leave the Delete new work orders check box unselected. The system will terminate the agreement, but leave the work orders open for limited processing.
- Click Terminate.
Once the termination process is complete, you are returned to the SM Agreements form. The Revision is updated to Terminated, and shows the effective date through the termination date. The Term field also shows the effective date through the termination date. Additionally, the Terminate button (at the bottom of the form) is toggled to a Reactivate button, allowing you to reactive the agreement if needed.