Create a Work Order From a Service Call
You can auto-create a work order from a service call entered in SM Call Handler.
- Open the SM Call Handler form.
- In the Call ID field, enter the service call for which to create a work order.
- In the Work Order field (New Work Order section), enter N, New, or + to auto-generate a work order number.
- In the Description field, enter a description of the work order.
- In the Work Scope field, enter a work scope or press F4 to select from a list of valid work scopes.
- In the Details text box, enter the details of the work order.
- In the Division field, enter the service center division
for this work order or press F4 to select from a list of
valid divisions for the specified service center. This will generally be the
division that handles the type of work defined for the service call.Leave blank if no division applies.
- For existing customers only, if this work order
applies to an agreement, use the Agreement field to enter
the agreement or press F4 to select from a list of valid agreements for the
customer.The agreement's current revision and description display in the Rev fields to the right.
- In the Priority field, enter the priority of the work order or press F4 to select from a list of priorities.
- For existing service sites only, in the Service Item field, enter the service item to which the work order applies. Press F4 for a list of valid service items for the specified service site.
- In the Call Type field, enter the call type for the work order or press F4 to select from a list of valid call types.
- In the Due Date field, enter the due date for the work order.
- In the Customer PO field, enter the PO number (provided by the customer) for the work order scope.
- Click Create Work Order.