Place a Work Order Scope on Hold
You can place a work order scope on hold for any reason, such as waiting for parts, customer not available, waiting for another task to be done, and so forth.
- Open SM Dispatch Board and select the Dispatch Board to work with.
- Open the standard or custom query containing the work order whose scope(s) you are placing on hold.
Right-click on the desired work order and select Place on
Hold from the context menu..
If the work order has a single scope, the SM Dispatch Scopes on Hold form displays. If multiple scopes exist for the work order, the SM Scopes on Hold Grid Only form displays.
Place the scope/scopes on hold.
Option Description For work orders with a single scope:
- Enter the reason for the hold in the On Hold Reason box.
- Enter the date to follow up on the hold in the Follow Up Date box.
- Click Confirm On Hold. You are returned to the Dispatch Board.
For work orders with multiple scopes:
- Check the On Hold box in the grid for the scope that is being placed on hold.
- Enter the reason for the hold in the Hold Reason field.
- Enter the date to follow up on the hold in the Follow Up Date field.
- Click Save.
- Repeat process for each scope you need placed on hold.