Enter PO Items in SM Purchase Order Entry
When you set up an SM purchase order (in SM Purchase Order Entry or PO Purchase Order Entry), you must enter at least one purchase order item.
- In the
or + to add
a new purchase order item.The system automatically assigns the next sequential PO item number.
- In the Scope Seq field, enter the work order scope to which this purchase order item applies.
- In the SM Cost Type
field, enter the SM cost type for this purchase order item or press F4 to select
from a list of valid SM cost types.
Leave this field blank if not associating an SM cost type with this purchase order item.
- In the Material field, enter the material for this purchase order item or press F4 to select from a list of valid HQ materials.
- In the
field, enter the vendor's number for this material. Leave blank if not applicable.Note: If the vendor/material is set up in PO Vendor Materials, this field automatically defaults the vendor's material number. For more information, see the F1 help.
- In the
field, accept the default description or enter a new description.For information about how the default description is derived, see the F1 help.
- Select the Receiving check
box to receive this purchase order item in PO Receipts Entry.If not selected, you can receive the PO at the time of invoicing (in AP Transaction Entry).
- In the Req Date field, enter or select the date the material/merchandise is required.
- If you allow entry of a pay category and/or pay type (check boxes in AP Company Parameters and PO Company Parameters, respectively):
- In the Pay Category field enter the pay category for this purchase order item or accept the default pay category.
- In the Pay Type
field, enter the pay type for this purchase order item or accept the default pay type.For information about the pay type default behavior, see the F1 help.
- In the UM, Units, UC, ECM, and Total fields, accept the system defaults or enter the appropriate values. For more information, see the F1 help for each field.
- From the tax Type
drop-down, select one of the following:
Leave blank if not applying taxes to the PO item.
- In the
field, enter the tax code for the purchase order item or accept the default.For information about this field's default behavior, see the F1 help.
- For job work orders only, in the
JC Cost Type
field, enter the JC cost type for this purchase order item or accept the default cost type. For information about this field's default behavior, see the F1 help.
- Save the record.