Enter POs in SM Purchase Order Entry
You can enter purchase orders for an SM work order using the SM Purchase Order Entry form.
- Open the SM Work Orders form.
- In the Work Order field, enter the work order for which to create a purchase order.
- Click Create PO (bottom of form). The SM Purchase Order Entry form displays.
- In the PO # field, enter a purchase order number or accept the default number (if you selected to auto-generate PO #s in PO Company Parameters).
- In the Vendor field, enter the vendor or press F4 to select from a list of valid vendors.Note: You may leave this field blank if you do not know the vendor. The system will set the PO status to Reserved and leave the batch unposted. Once you assign a vendor, the batch will be posted and the work completed purchase line generated.
- In the Description field, enter a description of the purchase order.
- In the Order Date field, accept the current date default or enter the date the order was placed.
- In the Expected Date field, enter or select the date that you expect to receive the items on this purchase order.
- In the Ordered By field, enter the name of the person who placed the order.
- In the Hold Code field, if applicable, enter the hold code that applies to this purchase order or press F4 to select from a list of valid hold codes. Leave blank if no hold code is needed.
- In the Pay Terms field, enter the payment terms for the purchase order or accept the default payment terms (for the specified vendor). Press F4 for a list of valid payment terms.
- In the Cmpl Group field, enter the compliance group for this purchase order or press F4 to select from a list of valid compliance groups.Note: If you leave this field blank, you will need to enter compliance codes manually for this purchase order in PO Compliance Tracking.
- In the Ship Location field, if applicable, enter the shipping location or press F4 to select from a list of valid ship locations. The ship location address populates the address fields on the Shipping tab.
- If you did not enter a ship location, use the Shipping tab to enter the shipping address, as well as attention information and shipping instructions.
- Add items to the purchase order.