Update Rates for Effective Date Templates
You will use the SM Rate Template Effect Dates form to define equipment, labor, material, non-material purchase, and standard item override rates for effective date templates.
The following steps will guide you through defining rate overrides for an effective date rate template.
- From the Vista main menu, select Programs.
- Double-click the SM Rate Templates icon to open the SM Rate Templates form.
- In the Template field, enter the rate template for which to set up effective date rates.
- Select the Effective Date tab.
- In the grid, double-click the Effective Date you wish to work on. The SM Rate Template Effect Dates form displays.
- Required. In the Markup Percent field (Equipment Rates section), enter the override markup percent for equipment or accept the defaulted rate.
Enter 0.00 if you do not want to override the standard equipment rate defined for the basic rate template.
- In the Rate field (Labor Rates section), enter the override rate for labor or accept the defaulted rate.
Enter 0.00 if you do not want to override the standard labor rate defined for the basic rate template.
- From the Type drop-down (Material Rates section), select M-Markup or D-Discount to indicate the rate type. If no changes are required, leave as is.
- From the Basis drop-down, select whether to use the A-Actual Cost, S-Standard Cost, V-Average Cost, L-Last Cost, or P-Standard Price to derive the Billable Rate for materials on a work order. If no changes are required, leave as is.
- From the Break Points By drop-down, select Total Cost or Unit Cost. The option selected here determines whether rate break points will be based on the material's total cost or unit cost.
- In the Percent field, enter the override percent for materials (stocked or purchased) or accept the defaulted rate.
Enter 0.00 if you do not want to override the standard material percent defined for the basic rate template.
- In the Markup Percent field (Non-Material Purchases section), enter the override markup percent for non-material purchases or accept the defaulted percent.
Enter 0.00 if you do not want to override the standard percent defined for non-material purchases on the basic rate template.
Once you have completed updating the standard rates for the effective date template, use the Advanced buttons to optionally update or enter additional override rates for equipment, labor, materials, and standard items.
Click the following links for more information.
Enter/update advanced equipment rates
Enter/update advanced labor rates
Enter/update advanced material rates
Enter/update standard item overrides