Set up a Rate Template
Rate templates are used to define the equipment, labor, material, and non-material purchase rates used in billable rate calculations (charge to customer) for work completed on a work order.
- From the Vista main menu, select Service Management > Programs.
- Double-click the SM Rate Templates icon to open the SM Rate Templates form.
- In the Template field, enter a code to identify this rate template.
- In the Description field, enter a description of the rate template.
- In the Markup Percent field, enter the markup rate for equipment usage.
- In the Rate field, enter the default rate for labor.
- From the Type drop-down, select Markup or Discount to identify what the material rate represents.
- From the Basis drop-down, select whether to use the A-Actual Cost, S-Standard Cost, V-Average Cost, L-Last Cost, or P-Standard Price to derive the Billable Rate for materials on a work order.
- From the Break Points By drop-down, select Total Cost or Unit Cost. The option selected here determines whether rate break points will be based on the material's total cost or unit cost.
- In the Percent field, enter the percentage to use when calculating the markup or discount for materials on a work order.
- In the Markup
Percent field (Non-Material Purchases), enter the markup percent
for work completed purchase lines referencing non-material purchase order items.
Enter 0.00 if no markup will be applied to non-material purchases.Note: Use the SM Adv. Non-Material Overrides form to enter cost types for non-material purchases based on cost type instead of rate template.
- Select the Active check box to activate the rate template.Note: Inactive rate templates will not display in F4 lookups, nor can they be assigned to customers, service sites, or work orders.
Click the following links for more information.
Set up Equipment Rate Overrides
About Setting up Material Rate Overrides
Set up Override Rates for Non-Material Purchases
About Setting up Standard Item Overrides