Set up a Rate Template
Rate templates are used to define the equipment, labor, material, and non-material purchase rates used in billable rate calculations (charge to customer) for work completed on a work order.
- From the Vista main menu, select Service Management > Programs.
- Double-click the SM Rate Templates icon to open the SM Rate Templates form.
- In the Template field, enter a code to identify this rate template.
- In the Description field, enter a description of the rate template.
- In the Markup Percent field, enter the markup rate for equipment usage.
- In the Rate field, enter the default rate for labor.
- From the Type drop-down, select Markup or Discount to identify what the material rate represents.
- From the Basis drop-down, select whether to use the A-Actual Cost, S-Standard Cost, V-Average Cost, L-Last Cost, or P-Standard Price to derive the Billable Rate for materials on a work order.
- From the Break Points By drop-down, select Total Cost or Unit Cost. The option selected here determines whether rate break points will be based on the material's total cost or unit cost.
- In the Percent field, enter the percentage to use when calculating the markup or discount for materials on a work order.
- In the Markup
Percent field (Non-Material Purchases), enter the markup percent
for work completed purchase lines referencing non-material purchase order items.
Enter 0.00 if no markup will be applied to non-material purchases.Note: Use the SM Adv. Non-Material Overrides form to enter cost types for non-material purchases based on cost type instead of rate template.
- Select the Active check box to activate the rate template.Note: Inactive rate templates will not display in F4 lookups, nor can they be assigned to customers, service sites, or work orders.
Click the following links for more information.