Set up Override Rates for Non-Material Purchases
You can override the standard markup rate for non-material purchases defined on a rate template by rate break point and/or by cost type.
You can set up override markup rates for non-material purchases at the rate template, effective date, customer, and service site levels, as well as at the work order quote scope level. The system uses a specific hierarchy to determine the rate to use. For more information, see Non-Material Purchases Rate Hierarchy.
Depending on the level at which you want to set up
markup rate overrides, do one of the following:
- Rate Template - Open SM Rate Templates and select the rate template to work with.
- Effective Date - Open SM Rate Template, select the rate template, and then on the Effective Dates tab, double-click in the grid to open the SM Rate Template Effect Dates form.
- Customer - Open SM Customers, select the customer, and click the Override Rates button to open the SM Rate Override Base form.
- Service Site - Open SM Service Sites, select the service site, and click the Override Rates button to open the SM Rate Override Base form.
In the Non-Material Purchases section of the selected form, click the Advanced
The SM Advanced Non-Material form displays.
- On the Rate Break Points tab, in the Break Point field, enter the total dollar amount to use as the first break point when calculating markups for non-material purchases.
- In the Percent field, enter the percent to use when calculating markups for non-material purchases on an SM work order.
- Save the record.
- Add additional break points as needed.
If you want to set up override markup rates by cost type, select the Cost Type
Overrides tab and do the following:
- In the Seq field, enter N or + to add a new line.
- In the Cost Type field, enter a cost type for non-material purchases or press F4 to select from a list of valid SM Cost Types.
- In the Markup Percent field, enter the override markup percent (e.g. enter 5% as 5.00000) for the specified cost type.
- Save the record.
- Add additional cost types as needed.
If you want to set up cost type override rates by break point:
Select the Cost Types tab and double-click in the grid.
The SM Adv. Non-Material Overrides form displays.
- Click on the Rate Break Points tab.
- Use the Break Point and Percent fields to enter override break point markup rates (as described in Steps 3-5).
- Select the Cost Types tab and double-click in the grid.