Set Up a Customer Service Site
You must set up service sites for each customer location that has equipment or other items that your company will service.
- In the Service Site field, enter a name or code to represent the service site.
- From the Type drop-down, select C-Customer (default).
- In the Customer field, enter the customer to which this site is associated or press F4 to select from a list of valid SM customers.
- In the Site Description field, enter a description of the service site.
- Use the address fields (Address, City, State, Zip, and Country) to enter an address for this service site or accept the default address (from AR Customers).
- In the Phone field, enter the service site phone number.
- In the Billing Email field, enter the billing email address for this service site. If you have specified to deliver invoices to service sites (in SM Customers), this is the email address that will be used for invoice delivery. (May be overridden on the Recipients tab of SM Invoice Review.) Note: You can enter multiple email addresses if applicable; however, you must separate them with a semi-colon (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org). The system will send an email to each address specified here.
- In the Default Service Center field, enter the default service center for this service site. This service center will default when entering work orders for this customer/service site.
- In the Default Contact field, enter the default contact for this service site or press F4 to select from a list of valid customer or HQ contacts. This contact will default when entering work orders for this customer/service site.
- In the Rate Template field, enter the rate template to use for this service site or press F4 to select from a list of valid rate templates. You will only need to enter a template here if you are overriding the rate template assigned at the customer level.
- In the Tax Code field, enter the default tax code to use for calculating taxes for work completed.
Leave the tax code blank if taxes will not be applied to work orders for this service site or if you want tax codes to be entered manually at the time of work order entry.Note: The tax code entered here will only be used as the default if the Tax Source is set to Service Site for the work order scope.
- Select the Use Tax Code check box, and enter the tax code to use for Use tax. Press F4 to select from a list of valid tax codes.
If you do not pay Use tax or if you use the same tax code for Sales and Use tax, leave this check box unselected and the field blank.
- In the Primary Technician field, enter the primary technician for the service site.
- In the Reviewer field, enter a reviewer’s ID in this field to enable that user to mark work orders as ready to bill. Press F4 for a list of active reviewers. Press F5 to access HQ Reviewers.
- In the Customer PO Override field, select R-Required or N-Not Required to indicate if customer POs are required when entering work orders (in SM Work Orders) for this service site.
Leave blank to use the Customer PO Setting defined for the customer (in SM Customers).
- In the Custom Invoice Report field, enter the custom report to use for printing work order invoices for this service site.
Leave blank if using the custom report specified for the customer in SM Customers.
- From the Invoice Grouping drop-down, select S-One per service site, W-One per work order, or P-One per work order scope to indicate how the system should generate invoices for work orders posted to this service site. Leave blank to use the invoicing grouping option defined for the customer in SM Customers.
For information about how this option works, see Invoice Grouping.
- From the PO Override drop-down, select Yes or No to indicate whether to group work order scopes with the same Customer PO number on the same invoice. Leave blank to use the PO Override setting defined for the Customer in SM Customers.
For more information, see the PO Override F1 help.
- Select the Alternate Bill To check box if you will bill work orders associated with this service site to a different customer than the customer associated with this service site. Then use the field to the right of this check box to specify the bill to customer for this service site.
- In the PR Local Code field, enter the default local code to use for work orders associated with this service site.
- In the Insurance Code field, enter the default insurance code for work orders associated with this service site or press F4 to select from a list of valid insurance codes.
- In the Craft Template field, enter the default craft template for work orders associated with this service site. Press F4 to select from a list of valid craft templates.
- Select the Certified Payroll check box to default the Certified Payroll check box in SM Work Orders as selected on all work orders created for this service site.
- Select the Non-Billable check box to default work orders for this service site as Non-Billable. For information about defaulting for this field, as well as when this field is enabled/disabled, see the F1 help.
Leave this box unchecked to default work orders for this service site as Time and Material.
- Select the Active check box to activate the service site.
- Save the record.
Once you have set up a customer service site, you can set up override rates, standard charges, technician preferences, service sites, and contacts as needed. For more information, click on the links below.