Set Up a Service Center
Using the SM Service Centers form, you can set up each of the service centers that will perform service work for your company.
The following steps will guide you through the process of setting a service site.
- From the Service Management Programs menu, double-click on SM Service Centers. The SM Service Centers form displays.
- In the Service Center field, enter a number or code to represent the service center you are setting up.
- In the Description field, enter a description of the service center.
- Using the address fields (address, city, state, zip code, and country), enter the physical address of the service center. Note: You will only need to enter a country if the address exists outside the Default Country specified in HQ Company Setup for the current company. Country must be valid for the specified state (e.g. state, province, territory, etc.)
- If applicable, use the Add'l Address field to enter an additional address for the service site (e.g. P.O. Box).
- Enter the phone and fax numbers for the service center in the Phone and Fax fields, respectively.
- In the Email field, enter the email address for the service center. This will generally be the email address used for correspondence with service customers.
- Enter the tax code for this service center (if applicable) in the Tax Code field.
- In the Use Tax Code field, enter the tax code to use for Use tax. Press F4 to select from a list of valid tax codes.
Leave this field blank if you do not pay Use tax or if you use the same tax code for Sales and Use tax.
- Select the Use Tax Code check box, and enter the tax code to use for Use tax. Press F4 to select from a list of valid tax codes.
If you do not pay Use tax or if you use the same tax code for Sales and Use tax, leave this check box unselected and the field blank.
- In the Department field, enter the department to use for determining the GL accounts to update when capturing work completed on a work order.
- If the service center is currently active, check the Active box. Note: Inactive service centers do not display in F4 lookups, nor can they be referenced on a work order.
- In the Reviewer field, enter a reviewer’s ID in this field to enable that user to mark work orders as ready to bill. Press F4 for a list of active reviewers. Press F5 to access HQ Reviewers.
- Click Save.
- Assign call types to the service center.
- Click on Call Types tab. The screen displays an Available Call Types list box and a Selected Call Types list box.
- From the Available Call Type list box, select all call types that apply to the service center (using the Shift key for consecutive selection or the Ctrl key for random selection).
- Click Add.
Selected call types are moved to the Selected Call Types list box. Note: You can also use the Add All button to add all available call types to the Selected Call Types list box. You can also remove call types from the Selected Call Types list box to the Available Call Types list box using the Remove or Remove All buttons.
- Set up divisions for the service center.