Set up Equipment Requirements for a Standard Task
You will set up the equipment requirements for a standard task using the Equipment tab of SM Standard Tasks.
Equipment requirements defined here will be set up automatically on any work order quote, agreement service, or work order scope that references the standard task.
The following steps detail how to set up equipment requirements for a standard task.
- Launch the SM Standard Tasks form.
- Select the task for which to set up equipment requirements.
- Click on the Equipment tab.
- In the Seq field, enter N, New, or +. The system will auto-generate a sequence number for the equipment requirements entry.
- Enter the equipment company in the EMCo field or accept the default company. Press F4 for a list of valid equipment companies.Note: This field defaults the equipment company from SM Company Parameters.
- Enter the equipment category for this entry in the Category field. Press F4 for a list of valid equipment categories for the specified company.
- Enter the quantity of this equipment needed to perform this task in the Equip Qty field.
- Enter the revenue code that applies to the equipment for this task in the Rev Code field. Press F4 for a list of valid revenue codes for the equipment category.
- Enter the quantity of the revenue code needed to perform this task in the Rev Code Qty field (e.g. if the revenue code is 'Daily', enter the number of days the equipment is needed).
- In the Notes field, enter any notes about the equipment requirement as applicable to the standard task.
- Save the record.
- Repeat steps 4-11 for any additional equipment requirements associated with this standard task.