Set up Labor Requirements for a Standard Task
You will set up the labor requirements for a standard task using the Labor tab of SM Standard Tasks.
Labor requirements defined here will be set up automatically on any work order quote, agreement service, or work order scope that references the standard task.
The following steps detail how to set up labor requirements for a standard task.
- Launch the SM Standard Tasks form.
- Select the task for which to set up labor requirements.
- Click on the Labor tab.
- In the Seq field, enter N, New, or +. The system will auto-generate a sequence number for the labor requirements entry.
- Enter the craft needed to perform this standard task in the Craft field. Press F4 for a list of valid crafts.
Leave the Craft field blank if a specific craft is not required for this standard task. Then proceed to Step 7.Note: Entry of a craft is required if you will be entering a class requirement (next field).
- If you entered a craft in Step 5, enter the class needed to perform this standard task in the Class field. Press F4 for a list of valid classes for the specified craft.
Leave the Class field blank if you did not specify a craft in Step 5.
- Enter the number of hours required to perform this task in the Qty field.
- In the Notes field, enter any notes about the labor requirement as applicable to the standard task.
- Save the record.
- Repeat steps 4-9 for any additional labor requirements associated with this standard task.