Set up Misc Requirements for a Standard Task
You will set up the miscellaneous requirements for a standard task using the Misc tab of SM Standard Tasks.
Miscellaneous requirements defined here will be set up automatically on any work order quote or agreement service referencing the task.
For standard tasks added directly to a work order scope (in SM Work Orders), the system automatically generates a "provisional" miscellaneous work completed line on the work order for each miscellaneous requirement defined here.
The following steps detail how to set up miscellaneous requirements for a standard task.
- Launch the SM Standard Tasks form.
- Select the task for which to set up miscellaneous requirements.
- Click on the Misc tab.
- In the Seq field, enter N, New, or +. The system will auto-generate a sequence number for the miscellaneous requirements entry.
- Enter the standard item for this entry in the Standard Item field. Press F4 for a list of valid standard items.
Leave this field blank if a standard item does not apply to this entry.
- Enter a description for this entry in the Description field or accept the default description (if you entered a standard item in Step 5).Note: If you did not enter a standard item in Step 5, entry of a description is required.
- Enter the cost type for this entry in the Cost Type field. Press F4 for a list of valid SM cost types.
- Enter the quantity of this miscellaneous item needed to perform this task in the Quantity field or accept the default (if you entered a standard item in Step 5).
- Enter the cost rate for this entry in the Cost Rate field or accept the default cost rate (if you entered a standard item in Step 5).
- The Cost Total field defaults based on the specified quantity and cost rate. Accept the default calculation or enter the total cost. The system will automatically recalculate the Cost Rate based on the quantity and cost total.
- In the Notes field, enter any notes about the miscellaneous requirement as applicable to the standard task.
- Save the record.
- Repeat steps 4-12 for any additional miscellaneous requirements associated with this standard task.