Set the Interface Options for an SM Company
You can define how data is handled when capturing work completed on a work order.
You can define how the General Ledger is updated when processing work completed, as well as whether work completed data is interfaced to the respective modules.
If you are using the Equipment Management, Inventory, Purchase Order, and/or Payroll modules, you can have the related data from work completed lines interfaced to the respective modules. For example, if you select to interface to Equipment Management (EM), equipment usage captured on a work order will generate equipment usage entries in EM.
Service Management > Programs > SM Company Parameters
- From the main menu, select .
- In the SM Co field, enter the SM company, and then click on the Interfaces tab.
- In the GL Usage Interface section, select No Update, Summary, or Detail to identify the level at which data will be updated to General Ledger when posting miscellaneous work completed entries (using SM Batches and SM Batch Process).
- If you selected Summary as the GL interface level, enter the summary description in the Summary GL Description field. This description will be used when interfacing summarized miscellaneous work completed entries to GL.
- If you selected Detail as the GL interface level, use the selection box to select each of the items to include in the detail GL description. The Detail GL Description field (display only) will include each item as it is selected.
- In the Journal field, enter the GL journal to update when posting miscellaneous work completed lines or press F4 to select from a list of valid GL journals.
In the Other Interfaces section, select the check box for each module (EM, IN, PO, PR, and JC) to which data will be interfaced when capturing work completed on an SM work order.
Note: You will typically only leave these unchecked during implementation. For more detailed information, see the F1 help for each option.