Set Up an SM Customer
You will use the SM Customers form to set up Service Management customers.
Any customer that you will be setting up in Service Management must first be set up in AR Customers.
- From the Vista main menu, select .
- In the Customer field, enter the number of the AR customer to set up as an SM customer or press F4 to select from a list of valid AR customers.The screen displays the customer's address information from AR Customers; however, this information is display only, so if you need to change the address, you must do so in AR Customers.
- If work orders for this customer should default as non-billable, select the Non-Billable check box. To set the billable status by service site, leave the Non-Billable check box unselected.
- If billing service work for this customer to a different customer, select the Alternate Bill To check box. Then use the text box to the right to enter the "bill to" AR customer.
- In the Rate Template field, enter the rate template for this customer or press F4 to select from a list of valid rate templates.
- From the Customer PO Setting drop-down, choose one of the following:
- R-Required - Select this option if customer POs are required when entering work orders for this customer.
- N-Not Required - Select this option if customer POs are not required when entering work orders for this customer.
- If a specific technician is responsible for all work orders for this customer, enter that technician in the Primary Technician field.
- In the Reviewer field, enter a reviewer’s ID in this field to enable that user to mark work orders as ready to bill. Press F4 for a list of active reviewers.
- Select the Active check box to activate this customer in Service
Management.Note: Inactive SM customers do not display in F4 lookups, nor can they be referenced on a service site or work order.