Set up Override Offset Accounts by Cost Type
If you require separate offset cost accounts based on SM cost type, you can set up override offset accounts by cost type for each department in SM Departments.
When you post miscellaneous work completed lines or work completed inventory lines for non-stocked materials that reference an SM cost type, the system adds an offsetting cost entry to GL using the override account defined for the specified cost type. If no override offset is found for the cost type, the system uses the standard offset account defined for the department.
- From the main menu, select .
- In the Department field, enter the department to work with.
- Click on the Cost Types tab.
- In the Seq field, enter + to add a new record.
- In the Cost Type field, enter the SM cost type or press F4 to select from a list of valid SM cost types.
- In the Misc Offset GL Acct field, enter the GL account to use for offsetting GL entries. Press F4 to select from a list of valid GL accounts.