Delete an SM Cost Type
You can delete an SM cost type as long as there are no costs posted to it.
If there are costs associated with a cost type, you must remove the costs before you can delete the cost type. Therefore, you will typically only use this function for cost types that you have yet used on a work order or for those you have only used on a few work orders.
- In SM Cost Types, select the cost type to delete.
- Click Delete.
To delete a cost type with associated costs:
- If you have billed a work order and processed the invoice (sent it to AR), void the invoice to release the work completed lines.
- If you have billed a work completed line, but have not processed the invoice, delete the work completed lines from the invoice (in SM Invoice Review).
- In SM Work Orders, delete all work order completed lines referencing the cost type from all work orders.
- In SM Cost Types, select the cost type to delete and click Delete.