Use the Invoice Delivery Feature
The invoice delivery feature of Service Management allows you to deliver work order and agreement invoices to a specified list of recipients.
Once you post an invoice in SM Invoice Review (work order invoices) or SM Agreement Invoice Review (agreement invoices), the system enables the Recipients tab in the respective form, allowing you to modify the delivery information for the default recipient (as defined in SM Customers), as well as add new recipients.
When you are satisfied with the Recipients list, you can then deliver the invoice to the recipients by clicking the Deliver button. The system cycles through each recipient in the list, printing or emailing the invoice (depending on their selected Delivery Method). For recipients with the Email delivery method, the system generates an email using the information set up on the Email Settings tab in SM Company Parameters and the email address specified for the recipient. For recipients with the Print delivery method, you can print the invoice for postal delivery.
You can also review email attachments on a work order (such as site pictures or copies of work orders) associated with an invoice before it is delivered. However, if you're printing the invoice, the attachments will not be printed; invoice-attachment functionality only works when emailing. Select the SM Invoice Review Attachments tab and click Add Attachment to upload a new attachment, or select the Select check box next to an existing file to be included in the invoice.
The following links provide instructions to setting up and using the invoice delivery feature. Click the hyperlinks on applicable steps to get more information on completing the step. These links will take you to topics that give you detailed information on completing that step.
Set up Service Management to use the Invoice Delivery
- In AR Customers, verify that you have set up Mailing and Email addresses for each customer that will be defined as a recipient on SM invoices (used when the Deliver To method is AR Customer).
- In SM Company Parameters, set up the email parameters to use when delivering invoices via email.
- In SM Customers, set up the invoice delivery options for each applicable customer.
- In SM Service Sites, set up the mailing and billing email addresses for each service site that will be defined as a recipient on SM invoices (used when the Deliver To method is Service Site in SM Customers).
- Generate and process invoices.
- Modify recipient list for each invoice in SM Invoice Review (work order invoices) or SM Agreement Invoice Review (agreement invoices).
- If applicable, add attachments to your invoices.
- If applicable, review invoice attachments.
- Deliver each invoice by clicking the Deliver button at the bottom of SM Invoice Review (work order invoices) or SM Agreement Invoice Review (agreement invoices).