Enter Cost Adjustments as Work Completed Lines in the SM Work Completed Form
You can enter cost adjustments as work completed lines using the related SM Work Completed form.
- Open the SM Work Orders form.
- Open the applicable SM Work Completed form using one of the following methods:
- Click on the Work Completed tab and double click on the appropriate work completed line.
- From the toolbar, select Work Completed. Then from the drop-down list, select the appropriate Work Complete form.
- In the Work Completed form, select the New Record icon to create a new work completed line.
- Select the Cost Adjustment
Info down-arrow on the Info tab.The Cost Adjustment options appear.
- Select the Create Adjustment check box.
- In the Orig Line
# field, enter the Work Completed line the cost adjustment will
be drawing from. Press F4 for a list of SM Work
Completed line items from which to choose. Note: Pressing F4 in the Orig Line # field for a particular line type cost adjustment will result in only those types of lines in the SM Work Completed Adjust Lookup. Example: for a 2-Labor line type cost adjustment, only Labor original line number items will appear in the SM Work Completed Adjust Lookup.
- In the Destination Adjustment SM Co field, enter the destination company for the cost adjustment. Press F4 for a list of SM companies from which to choose.
- In the Destination Adjustment Work Order field, enter the destination work order. Press F4 for a list of customer work orders from which to choose.
- In the Destination Adjustment Scope Seq field, enter the destination scope sequence. Press F4 for a list of work order scopes from which to choose.
- Depending on the work completed line type for which you are doing an adjustment, fill out the appropriate field:
- Equipment Line - Time Units or Work Units
- Labor Line = Hrs Worked
- Misc Line = Cost Qty
- Inventory Line = Quantity
- Save the record.
In addition, the system selects the Adj check boxes for the work completed adjustment line and the new work completed line created for the destination work order, and sets the new line's Orig Line # field to reflect the original line number. When you bill the work order (using either SM Invoice Review or SM Work Order Billing), both the Adj and Orig Line # values appear in the detail sections for the work completed line.