Enter Work Completed Equipment for a Work Order
Enter work completed equipment lines to capture equipment expenses for job and customer work orders (including those auto-generated from a customer agreement).
The instructions below describe entry of work completed equipment lines using the Work Completed grid in SM Work Orders.
- From the Vista main menu, select .
- In the Work Order field, enter the work order to which you are adding a work completed entry.
- Click on the Work Completed tab.
- From the Line Type drop-down, select 1 - Equip.
- Tab through the Line # and Status fields. The system will automatically default values in these fields.
- In the Scope
Seq field, enter the work order sequence associated with this
work completed equipment line or press F4 for a list of valid scopes
(sequences) for the work order.Note: If you enter a scope that is closed, a message displays indicating the scope is closed and you will be unable to save the line. You must either reopen the scope or enter a different (open) scope.
- In the Date field, enter the date the work was completed or accept the current date default.
- For Customer work orders only:
- If the work complete line is not billable, select the the Non-Billable check box. For information about the defaulting and enabling/disabling behavior for this check box, see the F1 help.
- If the equipment usage for work you
completed is associated with an agreement, use the Agreement and Agreement Rates
fields to enter agreement information. For information about each field,
see the F1 help.Note: If the work order scope is associated with an agreement, the agreement fields will default the agreement information and be disabled.
- In the Post
Month field, enter the posting month for this work completed
line or accept the default.This becomes the batch month when creating and posting the equipment usage batch for this work completed equipment line.
- If applicable, use the
Reference No field to enter the reference number associated
with this work completed equipment line.Note: This field will default a reference number from existing work completed entries where the work order scope and date match (if a reference number was assigned). You can override the default if desired.
- In the Technician field, enter the technician that performed the work associated with this work completed equipment line.
- In the Serviceable
Item field, enter the serviceable item to which this work
completed line applies or press
F4 for a list of valid serviceable items for the service
site.Leave blank if the work completed line does not apply to a serviceable item.
- If applicable, use the SM Cost Type field to enter the SM cost type that applies to this work completed line. Must be a cost type with a cost type category of E-Equipment.
- In the EM Co field, enter the EM company for the equipment used to complete the work associated with this line or accept the default (from SM Company Parameters).
- In the Equipment field, enter the equipment used to perform the work.Equipment must be flagged as Active or Down in EM Equipment.
- For Job work orders
only, use the JC Cost Type field to enter
the JC cost type for this equipment line or accept the default cost type (see
F1 help for information about how this field
defaults the JC cost type).Note: If you are capturing work completed for a locked job (i.e., the Phases on this job are locked box is checked in JC Jobs), the cost type entered here must be valid for the job/phase. If job is not locked, the cost type must be valid for the phase. For more information, see the F1 help.
- In the Rev
Code field, enter the revenue code that applies to this line or
accept the default (i.e, the revenue code assigned to the equipment in EM
Equipment).Note: The system derives the Cost Rate for the line based on this revenue code and rate defined for the equipment (in EM Revenue Rates by Equipment) or equipment category (in EM Revenue Rates by Category). For more information about equipment usage rates, see About the EM Revenue Rates by Equipment Form and About the EM Revenue Rates by Category Form.
- In the Time Units field, enter the number of time units (based on the Time UM) for this work completed equipment line.
- In the Work Units field, enter the number of work units (based on the Work UM) for this work completed equipment entry.
- Tab through the
Rate, Proj Cost, and Actual
Cost fields; the Cost Rate and Actual Cost values default
automatically and cannot be changed. The Proj Cost field does not apply to
equipment lines and defaults as null.Note: The system defaults the Cost Rate from the rate defined for the equipment or equipment category (in EM Revenue Rates by Equipment or EM Revenue Rates by Category, respectively).
- Enter or adjust the billable values (billable rate, billable quantity / hours, UM, and total billable) as applicable. For information about the billable fields, see the F1 help.
- For Customer work orders
- If applicable, use the Tax fields to enter or adjust tax values. For more information about the tax fields, see the F1 help.
- If you will not be charging the customer or the work associated with this work complete line, select the No Charge check box.
- In the Notes field, enter any notes about this work completed line.
- Save the record.