Enter Work Completed Inventory for Non-Stocked Materials on a Work Order
Enter work completed inventory lines to capture non-stocked material expenses for job and customer work orders (including those auto-generated from a customer agreement).
The instructions below describe entry of work completed inventory lines for non-stocked materials using the Work Completed grid in SM Work Orders.
- From the Main Menu, select .
- In the Work Order field, enter the work order to which you are adding a work completed entry.
- Click on the Work Completed tab.
- From the Line Type drop-down, select 4-Inventory.
- In the Scope Seq field, enter the work order scope fro this line or press F4 for a list of valid scopes for the work order.
- In the Date field, enter the date the work was completed or accept the current date default.
- For Customer work orders only:
- If the work complete line is not billable, select the the Non-Billable check box. For information about the defaulting and enabling/disabling behavior for this check box, see the F1 help.
- If the non-stocked material usage for work you completed is associated with an agreement, use the Agreement and Agreement Rates fields to enter agreement information. For information about each field, see the F1 help.Note: If the work order scope is associated with an agreement, the agreement fields will default the agreement information and be disabled.
- In the Post Month field, enter the posting month or accept the default.The system uses this as the batch month when creating and posting the material use batch.
- If a reference number applies to this line, use the Reference No field to enter the reference number. This field may default a reference number from existing work completed entries. For more information, see the F1 help.
- In the Serviceable Item field, enter the serviceable item to which this work completed line applies or press F4 for a list of valid serviceable items for the service site. Leave blank if the work completed line does not apply to a serviceable item.
- In the Technician field, enter the technician that performed the work associated with this work completed line.
- In the SM Cost Type field, enter the SM cost type (with a Material cost type category) that applies to this work completed line. Leave blank if an SM cost type is not applicable for this line.
- Tab through the IN Co and Location fields.Note: The IN Co field defaults the IN company specified in SM Company Parameters; you can accept the default or clear the value from the field. As long as you leave the Location field blank, the IN Co field is ignored.
- If this work completed line is for a non-stocked material, use the Material field to enter the HQ Material used to complete the work order scope or press F4 to select from a list of valid materials.
If this work completed line is for a non-standard material (not in HQ Materials), use the Material field to enter the material used to complete the work order. Then use the Material Description field to enter a description of the material.
- For non-standard materials only, use the Category field to enter the material category that applies to this material or press F4 to select from a list of valid HQ material categories. Leave blank if the material is not associated with an HQ material category
- For Job work orders only, use the JC Cost Type field to enter the JC cost type for this material line or accept the default cost type. Press F4 for a list of valid JC cost types.For information about the defaulting for this field, see the F1 help for JC Cost Type.
- Use the UM , and Quantity fields to enter the unit of measure and quantity for the material. For information about each field, see the F1 help.
- If you entered a non-stocked material, the Cost Rate and Cost ECM fields default from HQ Materials. Accept the defaults or enter the new cost rate and ECM.
If you entered a non-standard material, the Cost Rate defaults as blank and the Cost ECM defaults to E. Enter the unit cost and ECM for this material.
- The Pretax Cost field defaults a calculation of Cost Quantity x Cost Rate. Accept the default or enter the pretax cost amount.
- The Actual Cost field defaults the calculation of Quantity x Cost Rate. Accept the default or enter the actual cost. Changing the default recalculates the Cost Rate.
- Enter or adjust the billable values (billable UM, billable billable ECM, and total billable) as applicable. For information about the billable fields, see the F1 help.
- If applicable, enter or adjust the tax values. For more information about the tax fields, see the F1 help.
- For Customer work orders only, if you are not charging the customer for the specified material, select the No Charge check box.
- Save the record.