Enter Work Completed Inventory for Stocked Materials on a Work Order
Enter work completed inventory lines to capture stocked material expenses for job and customer work orders (including those auto-generated from a customer agreement).
The instructions below describe entry of work completed inventory lines for stocked materials using the Work Completed grid in SM Work Orders.
- From the Main Menu, select .
- In the Work Order field, enter the work order to which you are adding a work completed entry.
- Click on the Work Completed tab.
- From the Line Type drop-down, select 4-Inventory and tab through the Line #, Status, and Adj fields.
- In the Scope Seq field, enter the work order scope for this line or press F4 for a list of valid scopes for the work order. Scope must have a status of Open.
- In the Date field, enter the date the work was completed or accept the current date default.
- For Customer work orders only:
- If the work complete line is not billable, select the the Non-Billable check box. For information about the defaulting and enabling/disabling behavior for this check box, see the F1 help.
- If the stocked material usage for work you
completed is associated with an agreement, use the Agreement and Agreement Rates
fields to enter agreement information. For information about each field,
see the F1 help.Note: If the work order scope is associated with an agreement, the agreement fields will default the agreement information and be disabled.
- In the
field, enter the posting month or accept the current month
default.The system uses this as the batch month when creating and posting the material use batch.
- If a reference number
applies to this line, use the
field to enter the reference number. This field may default a reference number from existing work completed entries. For more information, see the F1 help.
- In the Serviceable Item field, enter the serviceable item to which this work completed line applies or press F4 for a list of valid serviceable items for the service site. Leave blank if the work completed line does not apply to a serviceable item.
- In the Technician field, enter the technician that performed the work associated with this work completed line.
- In the SM Cost Type field, enter the SM cost type (with a Material cost type category) that applies to this work completed line. Leave blank if an SM cost type is not applicable for this line.
- In the IN Co and IN Location fields, enter the IN company and inventory location from which the material was pulled.
- In the Material field, enter the material used to complete the work order scope or press F4 to select from a list of valid materials for the specified location.
- For Job work orders
only, use the JC Cost Type field to enter
the JC cost type for this material line or accept the default cost type. Press
F4 for a list of valid JC cost types.For information about the defaulting for this field, see the F1 help for JC Cost Type.
- Use the UM,
and Quantity fields to enter the unit of measure and quantity for
the material. For information about each field, see the F1 help.
- Enter or adjust the
billable values (billable UM, billable rate, billable ECM, and total billable)
For information about the billable fields, see the F1 help.
- If applicable, use the
Tax fields to enter or adjust the tax values. For more information about the tax fields, see the F1 help.
- For Customer work orders only, if you will not be charging the customer or the work associated with this work complete line, select the No Charge check box.
- Save the record.