Enter Work Completed Miscellaneous for a Work Order
Enter work completed miscellaneous lines to capture miscellaneous expenses for job and customer work orders (including those auto-generated from a customer agreement).
The instructions below describe entry of work completed miscellaneous lines using the Work Completed grid in SM Work Orders.
- From the Vista main menu, select .
- In the Work Order field, enter the work order to which you are adding a work completed entry.
- Click on the Work Completed tab.
- From the Line Type drop-down, select 3 - Misc.
- In the Scope Seq field, enter the work order scope or press F4 to select from a list of valid scopes for the work order.
- In the Date field, enter the date the work was completed or accept the current date default.
- For Customer work orders only:
- If the work complete line is not billable, select the the Non-Billable check box. For information about the defaulting and enabling/disabling behavior for this check box, see the F1 help.
- If the miscellaneous expense for work you completed is associated with an agreement, use the Agreement and Agreement Rates fields to enter agreement information. For information about each field, see the F1 help.Note: If the work order scope is associated with an agreement, the agreement fields will default the agreement information and be disabled.
- In the Post Month field, enter the posting month or accept the default. This will become the batch month when costs are updated to GL.
- If a reference number applies to this line, use the Reference No field to enter the reference number. This field may default a reference number from existing work completed entries. For more information, see the F1 help.
- In the Serviceable Item field, enter the serviceable item to which this work completed line applies (i.e. the item on which the work was performed). Press F4 for a list of valid serviceable items for the service site.
Leave blank if the work completed line does not apply to a serviceable item.
- If applicable, use the Technician field to enter the technician that performed the work associated with this work completed line.
- In the Standard Item field, enter the standard item for the work completed line. Press F4 for a list of valid standard items. Note: The standard item is used to derive the Cost Rate and Billable Rate for the line. If you leave this field blank, you will need to enter the Cost Rate and Billable Rate manually.
- The Description field defaults a value from the standard item entered in the Item field; you may override the default if applicable. If you did not enter an item in the Item field, enter a description of the miscellaneous charge.
- In the SM Cost Type field, enter the SM cost type that applies to this work completed line. You may enter any cost type, regardless of the cost type category. Leave blank if an SM cost type is not applicable for this line.
- For Job work orders only, use the JC Cost Type field to enter the JC cost type for this miscellaneous line or accept the default cost type. Press F4 for a list of valid JC cost types.For information about the defaulting for this field, see the F1 help for JC Cost Type.
- If you entered a material-related SM Cost Type for this line, use the Cost Qty, Cost Rate, and Pretax Cost fields to enter cost information for this line.
If you entered a non-material SM cost type for this line or did not enter an SM cost type, use the Cost Qty, Cost Rate, and Actual Cost fields to enter cost information.
For information about defaulting for these fields, see the F1 help.
- Enter or adjust the billable values (billable hours, billable rate, and total billable) as applicable. For information about the billable fields, see the F1 help.
- If applicable, enter or adjust the tax values. For more information about the tax fields, see the F1 help
- For Customer work orders only, if you will not be charging the customer or the work associated with this work complete line, select the No Charge check box.
- Save the record.