Set Up Equipment Requirements for Work Orders
Set up equipment requirements for work orders.
- Open the SM Work Orders form.
- In the Work Order field, enter the work order to work with or press F4 to select from a list of work orders.
- In the Seq field (lower section of form), enter the sequence to work with or press F4 to select from a list of work order sequences.
- Click on the Equipment tab.
- In the Seq field, enter N or + to add a new sequence. The system automatically assigns the next available sequence number.
- In the Task field, enter the task associated with this equipment requirement or press F4 to select from a list of valid tasks for the work order sequence.
- In the Serviceable Item field, enter the serviceable item associated with this equipment requirement or press F4 to select from a list of valid serviceable items for the service site.
- In the EMCo field, enter the EM company for equipment or press F4 to select from a list of valid equipment companies.
- In the Category field, enter the equipment category or press F4 to select from a list of valid equipment categories.
- In the Equip Qty field, enter the quantity of equipment that will be used.
- In the Rev Code field, enter the revenue code or press F4 to select from a list of valid revenue codes for the equipment category.
field, enter the number of units for the revenue code (e.g. if
the revenue code is Hours, enter the number of hours).
Note: Once you enter the revenue code quantity, the system automatically defaults the Cost Total and Total Billable. These values cannot be changed.
field, accept the defaulted cost rate or enter a new cost rate.
Entry of a new cost rate will automatically update the Cost Total. For
information about how the cost rate defaults, see the F1 help.
Note: Changes to the Cost Rate will automatically recalculate the Cost Total, Billing Rate and Total Billable; these amounts cannot be edited.
- If the equipment for this sequence is taxable, use the Tax Type, Tax Code, and Tax Basis fields to enter tax information as applicable.
- Save the record.
- Enter additional equipment requirements as needed.