Enter Summarized Cost Estimates for Customer Work Order Scopes
You can enter summarized cost estimates for labor, material, equipment, subcontract, and other costs associated with scopes on a customer work order using the SM Work Order Cost Detail form.
You must have already set up your work order and added at least one scope sequence. For more information, see Enter Customer SM Work Orders.
The system uses the cost estimates to determine the total estimated cost for the work order scope. For work order scopes using the Time and Materials price method, you can also enter markup rates for cost estimates to derive pricing estimates. The system will use the cost estimates and pricing estimates to determine the estimated profit for the quote scope.
- Open the SM Work Orders form.
- In the Work Order field, enter the customer work order to work with or press F4 to select from a list of work orders. Work Order must have a Status of New.
- In the scope Seq field, enter the work order scope for which to set up cost estimates or use the / buttons in the toolbar to select the desired scope sequence.
- In the Budget section, make sure the Derived check box is unselected.
- Click Details.The SM Work Order Cost Detail form displays.
- In the Labor Hours field, enter the estimated labor hours.
- In the Craft and Class fields, enter the craft and class to which the budget hours for this work order scope apply.
- In the Cost Estimates fields, enter the estimated cost amounts for labor, materials, equipment, subcontracts, and other expenses.
- For Time and Material scopes only, enter the markup rates / price estimates using one of the following methods:
To use a common markup rate, select the Common Markup Rate check box and then enter a markup rate in the Markup field of any cost estimate. The system will set the markup rate for the remaining cost estimates equal to the value you entered and calculate the price estimate for each cost estimate accordingly.
To set individual markup rates, leave the Common Markup Rate check box unselected and then enter a markup rate in the Markup field for each cost estimate. The system will automatically calculate the price estimates accordingly.
If you do not know the markup rates, you can enter pricing estimates and have the system calculate the markup rates for you. To do this, leave the Common Markup Rate check box unselected and then enter the appropriate value in the Pricing Estimates field for each cost estimate.
- Save the record.