Enter Job Work Order Scopes
Once you have entered the work order header information (in SM Work Orders), you can then enter work order scopes.
- In the Scope section of the form, use the Seq field to do one of the following:
If you are entering information for an auto-added work order scope, skip to the next step.
If manually adding a work order scope, enter N or +.
- In the Scope field, enter the work scope that represents the work requested by the service call or press F4 to select from a list of valid work scopes.
- In the Priority field, enter Low , Med , or High to indicate the priority of the work order or press F4 to select the priority.
If you entered a scope in the previous field, this field defaults the priority assigned to the scope in SM Work Scopes. You may override as necessary.
- In the Scope Detail text box, enter a description of the service request / problem.
- From the Due drop-down, do one of the following:
- Select 0-By if this work order sequence is due by a specify date.
- Select 1-Within - if this work order is due within a given date range.
- Leave blank if not specifying a due date.
- If you selected 0-By in Step 5, use the second date box to enter the due date.
If you selected 1-Within in Step 5, use the first and second date boxes to enter the due date range.
- In the Division field, enter the division of the service center that is responsible for completing the work to be done.
- In the Call Type field, enter the call type.
- In the Serviceable Item field, enter the item being serviced or press F4 to select from a list valid serviceable items for the service site.
- From the Matl Tax Override drop-down, select the tax override option for materials. For more information about each of these options, see the F1 help.
- Blank – Select this option to use the standard tax type defaulting behavior.
- N - No Tax – Select this option to default the tax type as "blank".
- S-Sales Tax Only – Select this option to default the tax type as Sales.
- U-Use Tax Only (US companies only) – Select to default the tax type as Use.
- In the Assignment field, enter an assignment number, or press F4 to select from a list of valid assignment numbers.
- From the Revenue Recognition drop-down, select B - As Billed (default) to have revenue recognized as it is billed, or C - As Costs Incurred to have revenue recognized as costs are incurred.
- In the Phase field, enter the phase number or press F4 to select from a list of valid phases for the job.
- In the Not to Exceed field, enter the billable limit for this work order scope.
- If applicable, enter summarized cost estimates for the scope.