Email Integration with Microsoft Outlook
You can index and send emails from Microsoft Outlook to Vista™ by Viewpoint.
You can either attach emails via drag-and-drop attachment functionality, or you can use the Outlook Add-in. Once emails are added to the system, you can search the text they contain using the DM Attachment Index Search form.
When you have installed the Outlook Viewpoint add-in, you can:
- Assign indexes to email documents in Outlook and send them directly to Vista™ by Viewpoint. This does not require the Vista application to be open.
- Use the email integration feature in these modules:
- Emails get stored as .msg files.
- Attachments get stored with the same indexing as the email.
- If you are storing attachments in a database, and you have enabled full text searching, you can search on all text contained in the email (.msg) and any of its attachments (PDF, JPG, and so on).Note: Any emails or attachments which are not indexed are not searchable. To make them so, use the DM Email Attachment Update form.
More information on using the Viewpoint Add-in for Microsoft Outlook: