Add a Query to an SM Work Center
You can customize the data shown in an SM work center by any number of queries to the work center.
- Open the SM Work Center.
- Right-click on the folder in the menu tree where the query should be saved and select Add Inquiry from the menu. For example, to add a new query to the Hot Lists folder, right-click on the Hot Lists folder and select Add Inquiry. This will open the Inquiry Settings form.
- From the Base Inquiry drop-down,
select the query that you want to add.Note: A query will display in this drop-down menu only if:
- The Assignable in Work Center check box has been selected for this query in VA Inquiries,
- It is associated with the SM Work Center template on the Associations tab on VA Inquiries, and
- You have security set to access it in VA Inquiry Security.
- Customize the query if applicable.
- Use the Maximum Rows field to limit the number of items that will display on the query.
- Use the Parameters tab to customize which items will display in the
list. A description of each parameter displays in the Description column, including the expected format of
the parameter value. Note: When entering parameter values, make sure that you do not include the spaces, apostrophes, or <>'s that display in the format description. Click here for information about parameter values.
- Click OK to save the changes.