Configure Vista to Send Emails
Configuring Vista to send emails enables multiple time-saving processes.
- sending pay stubs and tax documents to employees
- the Create and Send functionality in the Project Management module
- sending Workflow notifications
- From the Windows Start menu
on the Vista application server, select .The Viewpoint Configuration form appears.
- Click on the Services tab.
- In the Host field of the SMTP section, enter the IP number or the DNS name of your exchange server.
- In the Port field, enter the port number used on the server for SMTP.
- If your relay is expecting
an encrypted transmission, select the Use SSL/TLS check box. This ensures the email connection runs under either SSL or TLS protocols, which are secure
protocols.Note: Some email services will accept only connections from SSL or TLS. If you select this check box, make sure the Host and Port settings support SSL or TLS.
- In the System email address field, enter the 'from' email address to use in emails sent via SMTP by the Vista system.
- If your SMTP service requires authentication and the service is within an NT domain, fill in the Domain, User name, and Password fields.
- Click OK.