Process a Batch
Many of the posting forms within Vista use batches to create and post transactions. If you have added transactions to a batch, you must process the batch to enable updates to GL and applicable modules.
Enter and/or edit transactions as needed. You cannot process an empty batch.
- From the posting or batch processing form, select . The system displays the module Batch Process form (for example, AP Batch Process).
- Review the information in the Info section of the form and click Validate. The system validates the batch and enables fields in the Audit Reports section.
Select the check box for
each audit report that you wish to run. Click Preview to preview the reports onscreen. Click Print to print each report. To make the reports available to
you after posting the batch, do one or both of the following:
- print the audit reports before posting a batch
- select the Attach Batch Reports to HQ Batch Control check box in the module's Company Parameters form. For example, in AP Company Parameters, this check box is located on the Audit Options tab.
- For more information, see Attach Batch Reports to HQ Batch Control. For information about the audit reports available during batch processing, see the Audit Reports information in the form help for each module's Batch Process form.
- Review the information in the Update section of the form.
- In the Posting Date field, enter a date or accept the current date default.
The system posts the transaction and displays a success message.
- Click Close.