Group Custom Fields
You can add custom fields to system forms and you can group multiple custom fields together in a box.
The Custom Group Boxes feature is intended for use with custom fields; that is, user-defined fields added to a form using VA Custom Fields Wizard. It can also be used to group fields on user-defined forms created in UD User Table and Form Setup.
Generally, you will want to use this feature to group fields that are related to each other. For example, in AP Company Parameters form, there are several interface level options available on the Subledgers tab (as shown below). If these options were not contained in a group box, their purpose would be somewhat confusing, since without the box and its label, they do not make sense. The group boxes pull them together and the labels (e.g. JC Interface Level, EM Interface Level, IN Interface Level, and CM Interface Level) identify their purpose, making it easier to understand what each option means.
- On the form, select to put the form into add mode.
- When the panel displays, position the cursor where you want to begin the group box, click the left mouse button, and drag your cursor so that you create a box around the desired fields.
- To label the box, place your cursor inside the box, click the right mouse button, and select the Name option from the shortcut menu.
- In the Custom GroupBox Name field, enter a name for your group box.
- Click OK to have the label appear in the upper left corner of the box as shown in the example above.
- If you are not satisfied with your group box, you can rename, resize, reposition, or delete it by placing the cursor inside the box, clicking the right mouse button, and selecting the appropriate option from the shortcut menu.
- Repeat the process for any additional group boxes you want to add to the form. Once you are finished, click Accept to save.