Schedule Data Changes for Fields
You can set a schedule for changing data for a specific field in the system. For example, if an employee informs you that they are moving in a month and will need to change their address for payroll purposes, you could set the Address field in PR Employees to update to the new address automatically on the correct date. The system monitors all changes in the system and, on a regular schedule, updates the applicable fields automatically.
- Right-click on the field that you wish to change. The system displays the shortcut menu.
- Select Scheduled Changes . The system displays the VA Scheduled Changes form.
- Enter the date for changing data in the Effective Date field, or press the Calendar button to select the date from the Calendar window.
- Tab off of the Effective Date field. The system enables the New Value field.
- Enter the new data in the New Value field.
- Save the record.
The system will now update the field with the new data on the effective date that you specified. If you need to update the scheduled change for a field prior to the effective date, right-click on the field to access VA Scheduled Changes and edit the data in the New Value field. If you have created a change for the incorrect date, you will need to create a new record for the correct date and delete the record that you created previously.