Creating Security Groups
You can use VA Security Groups to create security groups.
Security groups provide a way of administering permissions over a group of users rather than setting requirements by individual user.
To create a security group:
- Enter a unique number for the group in the Security Group field. Press F4 to view a list of existing security groups.
- Enter the group’s name in the Name field.
Select a group type from
the Group Type drop-down field.
Note: Available group types include Data, Program, Reports, and Attachment Type. The selected group type determines the type of security that you will use for the group. If users need a larger range of access, add them to multiple groups.
- Enter an optional description for the group in the Description field.
- Assign users to the group. See About Adding Users to Security Groups
- Save the record as normal.
Prior to deleting a security group, you must remove all users from the group. If any users exist for the group, the system does not allow deletion. To delete a group, press the Delete button or select.