Shape Recognition Tab
You can use shape recognition to search imported digital plans for specific images. Then, you can add cost items to the estimate, alternates, or change orders and add annotations to the Takeoff tab based on the matching images.
See the following screenshot for an example of the Shape Recognition tab.
The Shape Recognition tab has the following sections:
- Takeoff Panel: Shown above outlined in
The Takeoff panel contains the following tabs: Library, Estimate, Alternate, Change Order, and Custom View. All the cost items within Takeoff are contained in the Library panel tab, where they are organized and grouped by type. You can use any item contained within the active library. You can also change libraries via the Libraries field.The Estimate, Alternate, and Change Order panel tabs display cost items from the estimate, alternates, and change orders respectively. The cost items in the Alternate panel tab are grouped by alternate, and the cost items in the Change Order panel tab are grouped by change order.Note: The Estimate, Alternate, and Change Order panel tabs don't contain the more robust capabilities of the actual Estimate, Alternate, and Change Order tabs.
The Custom Views panel tab allows you to view custom views of the sheets in your job to use as reference.
- Searched Images Window: Shown above outlined in red.
The Searched Images window displays the images currently selected for search.
- Takeoff Window: Shown above outlined in green.
The Takeoff window displays the current sheet selected from the Takeoff tab. You can scroll and zoom within the Takeoff window to change the window's focal point.
- Speedbar: Shown above outlined in orange.
The speedbar contains a number of buttons that perform specialized tasks within the Shape Recognition tab.
- Select the images for which you want to search your plans.
- Optional: Set the match parameters to indicate how closely images on your plans match the search images.
- Search the plans for matching images and associate them with cost items.