Create a Google Map API Key
To enable Location Tracking in Time Worked (Timecards) or when validating addresses in Personal Info, you must create a Google Map API from a Google Map Platform and link it to the portal.
- If you have not used Google Maps Platform APIs before, you will need to sign up for a free Google Cloud Platform, create a billing account, and create a project. For full details from Google follow the first two steps in their article Getting Started with Google Maps Platform.
On your project main page, select APIs on the
- Select Geocoding API, and select Enable.
Select the menu button from the upper left , and then select
- Choose User Type External, and then select Create.
Enter an Application Name, Authorized domains
and (3) an Application
Homepage link. Then select Save.
From the APIs & Services menu, select
- Select .
- Copy the API Key that displays in the pop-up.
- In the portal, select .
- Paste the API key that you just copied into the Value field for the portal setting Google Map API Key.