How to Use the Next Gen Billing Compiler
Compile owner billings and backup document exports from source documents in Vista's Job Cost Detail.
- Go to .
- Select the Company, then the Contract for your project.
- Choose how you want to compile documents.
- Select a Bill from the drop-down menu to choose a specific bill with attachments you want to compile.
- Select No Bill in order to compile and download
all attachments and documents for a specific date range, regardless of if
they have been billed or not.Note: This option provides the same functionality as the Backup Only feature of the regular Billing Compiler.
- Select an option to compile transactions based on
either receipt dates or reporting months.
- Receipt dates: Select a Receipt Start Date and Receipt End Date.
- Reporting month: Select a Month Start Date and Month End Date.
- In the Customize your
output section, choose to include additional pages and
Note: If you selected No Bill, the Bill Type field will be blank and the Sort Options field will be deactivated. The sort is set to Default, which follows the JB Bill Edit ordering.
- Bill Type: If you selected a bill above, this field indicates if it is a Progress or T&M bill. You cannot edit this field.
- Cost Types: If you selected a Progress bill above, you can choose to filter between various cost types such as Labor, Material, Subcontracts, Equipment, Rented Equip, Other, or All Cost Types.
- Contract item / phase filter: If you selected a Progress bill above, choose from a list of contract items and phases.
- Sort Options: If you selected a Progress or T&M bill above, choose a sort option of Default (follows the JB Bill Edit ordering), Phase, Date, Month, or Vendor Name.
JC Detail Page checkbox: Select this to include a report
with the job cost details.
Selecting this Include JC Detail Page checkbox activates the Page break JC Detail between Contract Item checkbox. Select this if you want contract items to appear on a new page after the JC Detail page.
- After customizing your output, select Initialize Attachments.
- When a window opens with a confirmation message, select Confirm. The Bill Attachments list will update to reflect the changes.
- Select Add Attachment to upload files.
- Choose the files you want to upload, then Save Attachments.
- Select More on the bill line to rename the file or add a description to the attachment. The description replaces the displayed title.
- Drag and drop attachments to reorder the Bill Attachments list.
- When ready to compile your documents, choose
between a PDF or Zip file download:
Note: If you selected the No Bill option, your download will include all documentation that falls within the specified date range and filters, regardless of if it has been billed or not.
- To compile the documents into a single PDF, select Download PDF.Note: To exclude certain bills from the PDF, select More on the bill line, and choose Exclude.
- To download as individual files, select Download Zip. The attachments will sort by Month, Transaction Type, Vendor, AP Ref, and Cost Trans.
If integrating with JC Field Tickets, the compiled bill includes details for approved field tickets and field ticket PDFs.
- To compile the documents into a single PDF, select Download PDF.