Attach a File to a Work Item
You can attach files to a work item by opening the work item and clicking Add Attachment.
- From the home page, under Projects, select the name of
the project you want to open.Alternatively, go to the main menu in the upper left-hand corner, select Projects, and then select the name of the project you want to open.The Dashboard for the project appears.
- Click the tab for the work item type (submittal, RFI, issue).
- Click the number for the work item you want to
work with.Note: The number appears in blue text and becomes underlined when you mouse over it.The page for that work item appears.
- Click Add Attachment.
- Browse to the file, select it, and then click
Open.Tip: Alternatively, you can locate the file on your computer, and then drag it to the Attachments area.The file is now attached on the details page.
- You can edit, delete, or download the attachment
- Edit: Click the Edit button to rename or upload a new attachment to the
To rename the attachment:
- In the Name field, enter a new name for the attachment.
To upload a new version of the new attachment, do one of the following:
- Drag a file from your desktop onto the upload icon in the Edit Attachment dialog.
- Click Upload New Version, navigate to the file you want to upload, select it, and then click Open.
Click Save to save the updates to the attachment.
- Delete: Click the Delete button to remove the file.
- Download: Click the Download button to download the file.
- Edit: Click the Edit button to rename or upload a new attachment to the file.