Create an Invitation to Bid Request
Create an invitation to bid request when you want to send a request for a quote for materials or subcontractors needed to perform a job.
- Optional: If you haven't already done so, set up the vendor(s) for use in the Estimating module.
- On the Manage Estimates screen, create an estimate for the work and set up the invitation to bid job properties.
- Add cost items to the estimate.
- Set the appropriate WBS code values on the cost items for which you will create invitations to bid.
- Create invitations to bid for the estimate.
- Optional: Select the users and/or the document routing distribution group to review each vendor invitation to bid.
- Optional: If needed, contact the reviewers to advise them to review the invitation to bid.
- Optional: Periodically view the status of the document routing for the invitation to bid to monitor the review process.
- Optional: Once the invitation to bid is approved, print and deliver or e-mail the invitations to bid to vendors.