Import to Earthwork
Import elevations from AutoCAD or data collectors so that you do not have to digitize existing elevations in a job. Once you import elevations you should synchronize the layers to align the imported information with the existing job information.
- AutoCAD files with a DXF or DWG file extension
- Data collector files with a CR5, ASC, or TXT file extension
To import elevations to Earthwork, complete the step below for the file type you want to import.
- On the AutoCAD screen, import elevations from AutoCAD files.
- Import elevations from data collector files from the TDS Data screen.
- Synchronize the coordinates of the existing and proposed layers after importing data on the Synchronize Layers screen.