Create an SM Cost Type Lookup by Category
If you have more than one SM Cost Type applied to the category Labor, you may want to create a user defined lookup in Vista to limit the available Cost Types to only those with the Labor category.
- In Vista, navigate to New Record. and select
- Rename the lookup, such as udSMCostType.
- If you already have a lookup with this name you may want to give it a slightly different name or create a new one.
On the Info Tab:
- Title: Cost Type (or however best you would like to define)
- From Clause: SMCostType
- Where Clause:
- SMCO = ? AND
- SMCostTypeCategory = ‘L’
On the Details Tab Enter the following:
Apply your SM Cost Type to PR Timecard Entry Form
- Select .
- Create a new batch.Note: You can go into an existing batch, but it may be better to make these changes and do your testing in a new batch so not to disrupt any existing batches.
- Create an SM Line, select the SM Cost Type field, select Field Properties and open the Lookups tab.
- Add your new lookup to the form as Load Sequence = 0, parameters =
- For your lookup to work in the portal it must be set to load sequence 0.
- If you do not want the new lookup to apply in Vista, but still apply in your portal you can un-check “Active”.
- In your portal, select Refresh Synonyms. , under Administrative Actions select