Assign a Daily Log
Assign a Daily Log to a project member.
- From the home page, under Projects, select the name of
the project you want to open.Alternatively, go to the main menu in the upper left-hand corner, select Projects, and then select the name of the project you want to open.The Dashboard for the project appears.
- From the upper right-hand corner of the page, click the settings icon , and then select Project Settings.
- Click the Daily Logs tab.
In the Log Entries section, click
the edit button , and then click Add Log
The Schedule Daily Log dialog box appears.
Schedule the Daily Log as follows:
- Log Title: type a name for the Daily Log.
- Log Type: select Company Log or Subcontractor Log. Note that you can configure the required fields for each log type in the Log Types section of the Daily Log settings page.
- Assign To: Click in the field to select a contact from Team or your ERP system, or click New Contact to add a new contact.
- Additional Contributors: Click in the field to select
a contact from the Team contacts or PM Firm contacts lists, or click
New Contact to add a new contact. Note: An additional contributor can view or add to an assigned log but the log will not appear in the Assigned to Me list for the contributor.
- Starts: Click in the field to select a start date for the log.
- Recurring Log Series: (Enabled by default) You can move the slider to indicate whether or not the log is scheduled on a recurring basis.
- Repeats On: Select all days that the log will be required.
- Ends: Click in the field and select On Date to specify a date or When Project Ends to schedule the log for the duration of the project.
Click Save to save the log.
The Daily Log is activated.
- To assign Daily Logs to more project members, repeat steps 4-6. When finished, click Done.