Automatically Number Submittals for a Project
You can have Viewpoint Team™ automatically generate submittal numbers to ensure the numbers are consistent within a project and, if you have the numbers generated the same way for every project, across projects.
If you select to automatically number based on project and spec section, then spec section is required when you create a submittal.
You can also set submittal defaults from this screen. See Set Submittal Defaults for a Project.
- From the home page, under Projects, select the name of
the project you want to open.Alternatively, go to the main menu in the upper left-hand corner, select Projects, and then select the name of the project you want to open.The Dashboard for the project appears.
- From the upper right-hand corner of the page, click the settings icon , and then select Project Settings.
- Click on the Submittals tab.
Select the Enable automatic submittal number check box
to have Viewpoint Team™ automatically assign a number for each
submittal created on this project. Then select one of the following:
- Select by project to have the submittal number based on the project number.
- Select by project and type to have the submittal number based on the combination of project number and submittal type.
- Select by project and spec section to have the submittal number based on the combination of project number and spec section.
- Click Save Changes.