Troubleshooting Portal Updates
Learn how to troubleshoot issues following a portal update.
I ignored the updater warning that my credentials don’t have permissions. Now the updater is gone and my portal is down.
- Navigate to C:\Program Data\Keystyle Data Solutions\Updates\Updates\ and launch the HRIMv2.exe file. This allows you to rerun the portal update. If you are unsure if you have the appropriate permissions, we recommend choosing SQL Server Credentials options and entering your System Admin (sa) credentials.
- If you have an alternate Vista or portal database name (default names are Viewpoint and KDS-HRIM) or you are updating a test instance, you may want to confirm you have used the correct database names in the Setup Wizard. You will need to override the default database names if your databases are named differently.
The update completed but something went wrong. I need to rerun the updater, but it will not launch (HRIMv2.exe file won’t load).
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Keystyle Data Solutions\Keystyle Data Solutions\HRIM and make a copy of the following folders: Business Logic, Config, and Custom.
- Navigate to C:\Program Data\Keystyle Data Solutions\Updates\Updates\ and launch the HRIMv2.exe file. Choose Remove, and complete the process as you would normally complete a portal update.
- Afer the update is finished, immediately relaunch the HRIMv2.exe file,
and run through the full process again.Note: You will need to enter the SQL Server Instance name where your portal and Vista databases reside.
- After completing the update the second time, restore your Business Logic, Config, and Custom folders if their contents are changed from the copies you made
- Navigate to your portal and confirm your it loads properly.
After updating, all I see is a blank page when I log in.
- Navigate to your web server where the your portal is installed.
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the Program Data for Keystyle Data
Solutions. This is usually located at C:\ProgramData\Keystyle Data
Solutions\Keystyle Data Solutions\updates\Update.Note: You may need to show hidden files in Explorer to see the Program Data folder.
- Run the HRIMv2.exe file and select the Repair option.
- Log in to your portal once more to confirm it is now launching correctly.
My portal update issue is still unresolved
Submit a case through the Viewpoint Customer Portal.