Upload Documents Using the MS Outlook Plugin
Use the MS Outlook plugin to upload emails directly into Viewpoint For Projects from MS Outlook.
- In MS Outlook, locate the item(s) / email(s) that you want to upload.
- Using the Outlook panel, navigate to the container where the item(s) should be uploaded.
- Select the type of upload you would like to perform in the dialog that displays.
- Register - This option will upload the file and immediately make it available to other users.
- Unregistered - This option will upload the file, but other users will not be able to access it. The file will only be visible to you.
- If you are registering the file, a grid appears for you to enter information about the items you are uploading.
Option Description Name / Description Click on the Name or Description field to change the name or description of an item. Revision Status Right-click on the Revision Status field to add a revision status to an item. Recipient To add one of more recipients to the uploaded item, click Recipient and select from the list that displays.
- Optional: Click External Recipient to add an external recipient to your upload. Enter a name and email address in the dialog that displays and click Add to add the user to the list in the lower portion of the form. Once the list is complete, click OK.
- Optional: Click Keywords to add keywords to the uploaded items.
- Optional: Click Custom Fields to add custom fields. In the dialog that opens, select True next to a custom field to associate it with the upload.
- Click OK in the lower right portion of the upload window.The progress of the upload displays at the bottom of the Outlook main menu.